Southwest CUNA Management School Celebrates the Class of 2020
The 48th commencement ceremony for the Southwest CUNA Management School graduating class of 2020 was held just last week, after a forced postponement due to the COVID-19 pandemic last year.
Thirty-two graduates were honored and celebrated by faculty, alumni, family members, and Cornerstone representatives at an in-person ceremony that was also conducted virtually for eight of the graduates. Catalyst Corporate FCU and CUNA Mutual Group
representatives were also present to celebrate the day. Public health safety protocols were followed.
- Alumnus of the Year: James Tuggle, CEO Transtar Federal Credit Union
- Honorary Alumnus of the Year: John Vardallas, strategic faculty
2020 Honor Graduates
- Jacquie Carpenter, Wichita Federal Credit Union
- Chint Murdock, Red River Employees Federal Credit Union
- Alicia Quezada, Travis County Credit Union
- Christina Titterington, Communication Federal Credit Union
Awards of Excellence
- Jennifer Grinder, Resource One Credit Union
- Brandon Miller, Infuze Credit Unio
c2c—Connect to Collaborate Leadership Award
The c2c award is based on peer recognition of a first-year student under 40 who demonstrated the highest level of leadership during their first year of SCMS. The award helps younger professionals hone their personal brand, grow their credit union network, and highlight their contributions as rising leaders in the movement.
SCMS Scholarship Fund
Class President Westin Stringer delivered the farewell address and presented the class donation of $38,500 to the Cornerstone Foundation for the SCMS Scholarship Fund. This graduating class’s donation was made in memory of Nicole Olvedo, a deceased classmate. Foundation Executive Director Courtney Moran accepted the class contribution.